An overview of diverse expressions of both personal and communal spirituality in the Catholic Church and the exploration of the activities of the Holy Spirit in the Church and in the world. The Participant will be able to:
- Recognize the Lord’s Prayer as the “summary of the whole
Gospel” [CCC #2761.]
- Define prayer as covenant and communion; e.g., call of Moses, (Exodus 3:4- 14); Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55.)
- Understand prayer as a reciprocal call between God and humans throughout the whole history of Salvation [CCC #2588; 2591].
- Identify types of prayer: Blessing and Adoration, Petition, Intercession, Thanksgiving, Praise.
- Understand faith sharing and theological reflection.
- Be able to engage in Theological reflection.